Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

We Are The Truth – an adoption blogger day

Russia suspended adoptions to the U.S. today. We are sad but are getting pretty good at picking ourselves up, dusting off and moving on. The real sad story is there are kids who don't have that option and now have to spend more time in an orphanage. Since I already had this post ready to go I'm still going to post it. We are not sure what plan "B" (not sure what letter we are on by now) will be.

The Joint Council on International Children's Services asked bloggers to blog about successful adoptions today. I know many families who have successfully adopted but since it is Russian adoption that is under the public eye right now I thought I would link you to my favorite Russian adoption blogs. I began following them when we started our journey in 2008 and they are a big part of the reason we decided to go back after our first experience. So on behalf of the 60,000 successful Russian adoptions that have happened since the early 90s meet.....
Artem
Owen
Daniel
Ilya
Anna
Nickolas
Aidan
There are many, many more stories you can see through these blogs.

My fingers are crossed for the families who have accepted referrals and are just waiting for a court date that this suspension won't last long!

6 comments:

Joy said...

I consider it an honor that you picked my little girl to highlight. There are so many from which you could have choosen from. I pray that the Russian and United States governments are able to come to an acceptable agreement.
Joy

Jessica said...

I thought of you when I read the news of the suspension. I am so sorry that your quest is delayed once again. hugs... Jess

Leigh said...

I'm so confused! The JCICS posted an article on facebook today stating specifically that adoptions are not suspended, and that Russia and the USA are hopefully signing a treaty of some sort next week. But then, what is the need for the treaty?

Rachel said...

This morning the news was that they were suspended but the Ministry of Education which handles adoptions in Russia hasn't confirmed it yet.

Unknown said...

Rachel and Brian, I am so sorry to hear this news. I am praying HARD that God will intervene as our leaders meet with Russian officials. We love you.

Sarah

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Wow. I just saw that you included Aidan on your list! I'm am honored! Keep in touch so I know what is happening with you. I'm excited that things are moving again and pray that families are united soon. . .God Bless!

PS I wouldn't exchange my experience or my son for anything. . .he is the light of my life and he rocks!!