Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Genetics

The trip to Michigan and back is 24 hours.  I was totally prepared.  I spent hours scouring Mommy Blogs and had bags of fun surprises and activities packed to make the trip go smoothly.
It started out great. My two year old who doesn't like to miss out on a second of anything and never sleeps in the car even slept for a whole 30 minutes.  Look I even got proof. I kid you not that was all he slept the entire trip.
It was about six hours into the trip that I found out Anders inherited my motion sickness gene.  Sorry Buddy!  Let's just say, by the end of the trip Brian and I were like a NASCAR pit crew. Fortunately, after each episode, Anders felt great and had lots of fun at our pit stops while we cleaned the car.
Anders was a trooper.  It turns out he can't watch movies, color, read or even play with toys so he had to spend the trip talking, singing or listening to the radio.  We played hours of "what else did we do..." Despite this he was happy most of the trip.
We made it!!!

No comments: